Why VirtualDesign Services?
We know what you’re thinking. Vidyo has already made it super simple for clinicians and patients to deliver and access care from anyplace, anytime with face-to-face video communication embedded within existing workflow tools, like electronic health records systems. But successful and sustainable telehealth programs require much more than just great technology. The care providing organization must integrate the telehealth program into its clinical operations. Telehealth programs frequently require training of multidisciplinary teams, gaining their buy-in, modifying workflows and processes, and enhancing systems of monitoring and governance.
This is truly a DIFFERENT way to deliver care, from the physical assessment to communicating empathy across the camera. If not implemented correctly, it can create significant barriers to adoption; minimize patient outcomes and satisfaction; and negatively impact provider economics and efficiency. The VirtualDesign service helps care providers maximize their INVESTMENT in our technologies and accelerate attainment of their program goals. Designing a virtual service is not a one-sided process; it requires a team approach and must balance all stakeholders
How Does Virtual Design Work?
Vidyo’s Virtual Design Service plays a significant role in maximizing and leveraging ALL RESOURCES and TECHNOLOGY within or between an organization, facility and / or a practice. VirtualDesign consultants provide Vidyo customers with a formalized and guided process that defines all the components required for a successful and sustainable program design and implementation. Highlights of the design process include focus on the following steps:
How Long Does the Process Take?
Depending on the size of the organization, program reach and, the target population, the VirtualDesign service can take anywhere from 1 day to several weeks. Key factors that will impact this timeline are:
- Availability of clinical and technical resources vs. need to recruit and hire
- Provider licensing / credentialing processes
- Time and commitment of resources to the process vs. competing initiatives within the
- Funding and equipment availability vs. request and procurement process
- Electronic medical record and integration requirements
- Net new program vs. growth of an existing program
- Number of people requiring training
- Maximize and leverage Vidyo infrastructure and investment throughout the continuum of care
- Build it right the first time – end-to-end solution
- Create a virtual experience that is close to face-to-face care delivery in any venue
- Learn from those that have seen the reality of how virtual care impacts the lives of patients, providers and clinicians
- Close the telehealth gap and accelerate successful implementation within your practice, facility or health system